On November 14th, global awareness is directed towards Diabetes Day. It was first introduced in 1995 in response to the alarming rise of diabetes around the world.
Facts About Diabetes
Did you know:
- 1 in 2 adults with diabetes is undiagnosed
- Screening for Type 2 diabetes is important for early diagnosis and treatment
- Up to 70% of type 2 diabetic cases an be prevented with healthier lifestyle changes
- In 2015 there were 415 million adults had diabetes
- By 2040 this number will rise to 642 million — that’s 1 in every 10 adults!