With 64% of the population of the US wearing eyeglasses they’ve become a fashionable accessory found throughout TV shows, movies, and fashion magazines.
The trick to looking great at all times is to make it a habit to properly care for your glasses to keep them looking great. Here are six ways to keep looking your best:
- Keep glasses sparkling. Nothing quite spoils your look like smudged, dirty lenses. Make cleaning a daily ritual. A spray bottle of professional eyeglass cleaner and soft micro-fiber cloth in your bag, car or desk drawer makes it easy to keep up.
- Use the case. If you need to take your glasses off, put them in their case. Stuffing them in a pocket or bag is an invitation to scratching. Making it a habit to put them in their case will also make it easier to find them if misplaced, especially for those who are near-sighted.
- Keep your shirt on. According to one study, 52 percent of people clean their glasses with their clothing. While clothing is convinent for cleaning the dust and particles in clothes can scratch lenses and damage the coating. Even dry paper products can grind dust and fibers into the lens. So instead use disposable moist cleaning towelettes to keep your world crisp and clear.
- Give high-tech lenses high-tech care. Eyeglass technology has made leaps and bounds since they were first introduced. Today’s lenses made of lighter materials, thinner, and often have coatings that prevent glare, lessens the effects of bluelight or add other benefits. But don’t damage them by using household cleaners. Even something as harmless as concentrated or “extra strength” dish soaps can damage coatings over time. Eyewear cleaners on the other hand are formulated to safely remove cosmetics, fingerprints, dirt and grime.
- Wear goggles for do-it-yourself projects. If the dishsoap was any indicater chemicals and even roughly rubbing paint off of your glasses can easily damage the lenses. While sawdust and plaster dust can scratch or get ground in during cleanup. So dawn a pair of goggle before you dive into a DIY.
- Take time for a regular eye exam. Nothing quite ruins your look like squinting so make sure to visit your local eye doctor to keep looking sharp.
If you haven’t quite found a pair of glasses that suit you why not take a look at our artical “How to select eyeglasses frames based on your face shape“