HALLOWEEN EYE SAFETY: Five Precautions to Remember
- COSTUMES/MASKS. Keep wigs, eye patches and headbands AWAY from eyes to allow clear vision and avoid irritation. Masks should have openings wide enough for 180-degree arc.
- MAKEUP. Hypoallergenic! Avoid putting makeup close to the eyes!
- PROPS. Avoid costumes with sharp edges like spears, swords, and magic wands. These can easily poke an eye.
- VISIBILITY. YOUNG GHOSTS AND GOBLINS NEED TO SEE CLEARLY! Others should see them as well. Choose brightly colored costumes and fabrics with reflective tape. Flashlights with new batteries are great!
- COSMETIC CONTACT LENSES. These should be prescribed…never buy over the counter
OFFICE UPDATES: Staff Meeting
- October 18: Staff Meeting – Topic to be discussed is patient Flow Improvement
- October 21: Continuing Ed for Dr. Frank
- October 30: Dr Frank is making his famous simple chili for the staff!
Dr. Frank’s Chili 101 Recipe
- Brown and chop two pounds of ground Beef (can use half turkey and half beef). Drain.
- Add 2 15-oz cans of crushed tomatoes
- Add 2 8-oz cans of dark kidney beans (drained)
- Add 1 can 8-oz of refried beans
- Season with garlic powder, black pepper, red pepper or cayenne pepper, and chili powder.
- Cook on stove top for 40 minutes on low/medium.
- Serve with salad and warm bread!
Laughter is Good for the Soul
- Which musical instrument do skeletons play? Trom Bones
- What do skeletons order at restaurants? Spare ribs!!
BELIEVE IT OR NOT: NO October Staff Birthdays
- Happy birthday to all of our patients born in October.