HALLOWEEN EYE SAFETY: Five Precautions to Remember
- COSTUMES/MASKS. Keep wigs, eye patches and headbands AWAY from eyes to allow clear vision and avoid irritation. Masks should have openings wide enough for 180-degree arc.
- MAKEUP. Hypoallergenic! Avoid putting makeup close to the eyes!
- PROPS. Avoid costumes with sharp edges like spears, swords, and magic wands. These can easily poke an eye.
- VISIBILITY. YOUNG GHOSTS AND GOBLINS NEED TO SEE CLEARLY! Others should see them as well. Choose brightly colored costumes and fabrics with reflective tape. Flashlights with new batteries are great!
- COSMETIC CONTACT LENSES. These should be prescribed…never buy over the counter