Eyes on Diabetes
On November 14, global awareness is directed toward Diabetes Day. It was first introduced in 1991 in response to the alarming rise of diabetes around the world. Did you know that:
• 1 in 2 adults with diabetes are not diagnosed!
• Screening for Type 2 diabetes is important for early diagnosis and treatment
• Up to 70% of type 2 Diabetic cases can be prevented with healthier lifestyle changes
• In 2015 there were 415 million adults had diabetes
• By 2040, this number will rise to 642 million- that’s 1 in every 10 adults! [Read more…]